5.04.2012

rawr.

Tropical Green Monster
(inspired by Skinnytaste)

I came home from a workout today and wondered to myself what to refuel with. I went through my list of refueling stand-bys in my head and yawned. Glass of milk? meh. Cereal? nah. Scrambled eggs? bleh.

And then it hit me! Why have I been spending hours pinning delicious things on pinterest if not to eventually make them? I knew I had pinned some tasty smoothies. All I had to do was find them...

Turns out you can combine coconut, fruit, and spinach and it's not gross at all! In fact, it's quite delicious. I used this, but modified it to fit with what I had in the house.

Tropical Green Monster
Recipe...
serves 2

  • 3/4 c coconut milk
  • 6 oz fat free Greek yogurt
  • 3/4 c frozen mango
  • 1 ripe medium banana (fresh or frozen)
  • 1 c baby spinach
  • 2 Tbsp sweetened shredded coconut
  • 1 1/4 c ice cubes
1) Combine all ingredients in a blender. Stick a straw in it, you're done!


No comments:

Post a Comment