So since fancy pants here found herself a new part-time J.O.B. at a restaurant in the carry-out/deli/catering department, I've been all kinds of inspired! We serve a pesto salmon at work, filled with plenty of cream, butter, oil, fat, calories, but boooyyyy is it delicious!
As promised, I am sharing with you the recreation of said pesto salmon that Mom and I made for Mother's Day. We left out a bit of the bad stuff (but not that much). You can also do this with chicken, just follow your heart!
- 1/4 c pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 c basil, lightly packed
- S&P to taste
- 1/2 c olive oil
- 1/2 c parmesan, grated
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 8 oz. cream (or half and half)
- long pasta of your choice
- grilled salmon or chicken
1) Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add salt.
2) Make the pesto. Put the first 4 ingredients in a food processor and pulse until it's chopped. With the food processor on, stream in the olive oil. Stir in the parmesan and set aside.
3) Cook your pasta according to package directions.
4) Melt butter in a skillet. Stir in some flour until it looks like wet sand. Whisk in some cream and then some pesto until it tastes good! Pour sauce over your pasta and top with some grilled salmon or a grilled chicken breast. It's gooooood.