4.02.2012

Meatless Monday: Retro Veggie "Pizza"


My mom tells me this veggie "pizza" was quite popular many (or maybe not so many) moons ago. Lucky for me, I'm benefitting from its comeback. It's simple, really. Crescent rolls, herbed cream cheese, veggies. Sounds good to me! It's a definite crowd pleaser and gets kids (I'm including myself in that category) to eat their veggies.

Veggie "Pizza"
Printer Friendly
Recipe...

  • 2 packages refrigerated crescent rolls
  • 1 c sour cream
  • 8 oz cream cheese, softened
  • 1/4 tsp garlic salt
  • 1 (1 oz) package ranch dressing mix
  • 1 small onion, finely chopped
  • 1 celery stalk, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 c halved and thinly sliced radishes
  • 1 red bell pepper, diced
  • 1 1/2 c fresh broccoli, chopped
  • 1 carrot, grated

1) Spread crescent rolls on a baking sheet and gently pinch all the perforations together. Let stand 5 minutes and then perforate with a fork. Bake at 350℉ until golden. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine sour cream, cream cheese, garlic salt, and ranch mix.

2) Rest cookie sheet on cooling rack until completely cooled. Spread cream cheese mixture on dough. Sprinkle veggies on top, cover, and refrigerate. Cut into pieces and serve cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment